Do you want to track emails that are opened and viewed by users?
Email open rate tracker with Google Apps Web App Tracking Image Pixel
Explore how you can create a tracking pixel within a Gmail email that tracks the email and reports directly into a spreadsheet the number of opens on the email.
You must have a Google Account in order to access G Suite Apps and write the code presented in this course.
- Create a Google Apps Script web app – code snippet for doGet
- Get event parameters from URI of web app – track the web app visits into a spreadsheet
- Using the parameters with a unique id update the spreadsheet count on pings
- Generate a random id –
- create a Popup modal that can send an html email to a user
- Explore how you can select a row – get values update and set values of cells in a spreadsheet
- Spreadsheet UI menu item to run a function
- Send data from Client side to the Google Script
- Debug and test the data and form message
Source code is included – Best way to learn is to try the code and create your own version of this project
Taught by an instructor with over 20 years of web development experience ready to help you learn
Google Developer Expert – Laurence Svekis walks you through how to do some amazing functionality to save time and get the most out of Google Apps Script G Suite content
Fast friendly support is always available in the Q&A section
What are you waiting for – this could change everything – at least change the way you use Google Apps and G Suite Google Sheets and send emails.
Who this course is for:
- Web Developers
- Anyone who wants to learn more about creating applications with Apps Script
- Coding experience required
- Google Account