Blockchain Technology in Climate Change and Sustainability
Blockchain is one of the most disrupting digital technologies finding new applications across all sectors of the economy.
With governments and corporates across the world realising the value in blockchain, we decided, as part of our Climate Change series, to create a course that covers practical application of blockchain technologies in climate change and sustainability.
For this course we invited the global authority on this subject, the Director General at Blockchain & Climate institute, Alastair Marke.
In this course we cover common misconceptions about blockchain technology and explain in plain language how it works and why it has become such a significant breakthrough. We talk about the key features and benefits of blockchain and how these features enable solutions in climate adaptation and mitigation, insurance, energy trading, climate finance, carbon markets, supply chain tracking, corporate reporting and much more. We will give you a brief overview of decentralised autonomous organisations (DAOs) and look at several Climate DAOs and their initiatives.
This course has been designed for both ESG and Climate professionals, but also for climate-conscious leaders, managers, enterpreneurs, IT professionals, management consultants and anyone else who is interested to explore opportunities and developments in blockchain technologies, and has passion for climate action.
I hope you will enjoy this course. Feel free to contact me with any feedback.
PS I am still working on handout sides and quizzes and will upload them as soon as I finish.
This course is part of the “CLIMATE CHANGE FOR PROFESSIONALS” series which consist of the following courses:
1. Key Climate Agreements & Role of Governments/Policymakers
2. Every Company’s Guide to Climate Action & Achieving Net Zero
3. Corporate Climate Reporting: Key Standards and Guidelines
4. ESG in Executive Leaders’ Agenda: Reporting and Analytics
5. Power Sector Decarbonisation and Energy Transition
6. Heavy Industry Decarbonisation and Energy Transition
7. Transport and Mobility Decarbonisation & Energy Transition
8. Blockchain Technology in Climate Change and Sustainability
You can find the links to all courses on my Udemy profile page – just click my name at the bottom of the course description just before the course reviews.
*** Always check my website (Shortlisted Productions) for the latest discounts on the courses and follow me on social media (LinkedIn) ***
Who this course is for:
- Leaders, managers and government officials interested in learning about blockchain applications
- ESG, sustainability and climate professionals
- IT professionals and management consultants who want to explore opportunitiess for blockchain application across a wide range of industries
- Utility companies looking at technology solutions for distributed energy generation systems
- Climate conscious tech entrepreneurs exploring new opportunities
- Anyone who is passionate or curious about blockchain and Web3 technologies
- There are no special requirements or prerequisites, except for interest in modern technologies and climate change. Anyone can learn from this course.
- This is a a business course, so no coding experience is required.
Last Updated 1/2023