In this course we will design a multi-threaded HTTP web server in C++ using socket programming in Linux.
at the end of this course the student will have a good grasp of system programming and also :
1. how HTTP web server processes file request from clients in c++.
2. How the server can handle multiple accept request and concurrent connections using multi-threading in c++.
3. How uploaded files are received , assembled and stored on the server and how the server sends requested file back to the client in c++.
4. how the server receives request and differentiates the different types of request (GET, POST) in c++
5. how to fetch and store GET DATA, POST DATA and COOKIES on the server in c++.
6. You also learn about multi-threading using POSIX thread and how semaphores are used to apply lock in c++.
7. the difference between a web server , chat server, and other types of servers in c++.
8. How to implement networking library functions like accept(), bind(), listen(), socket() in c++
9. How the server accesses IP address of the client using the inet_ntop() function in c++.
10. Learn System programming- how to use system calls in Linux, here we used the OPEN system call in c++.
11. Learn System programming- File handling , how to create, read, write , receive and send files in Linux in c++.
Who this course is for:
- C++ developers
- sql server administrators
- server infrastructure and project servers
- system programmers
- This projects works on LINUX, to implement on windows requires a different header files.
Last Updated 9/2022