The Capturing, Analyzing, and Using Lessons Learned (PMI – PMP) is course 4 of 28 of the Project Management Professional Certification Program (PMI-PMP). The course is aligned with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK6) developed by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Every project comes with its own unique challenges. There is valuable learning that takes place as project team members solve problems and persevere through challenges to meet their objectives. Lessons learned can serve a dual purpose. First, the new knowledge can be incorporated into the current project, resulting in fewer mistakes, lower costs, more accurate estimates, and many other efficiencies.
The second purpose is to preserve and pass that knowledge and wisdom on to the planning and execution of future projects. In this course, you’ll learn about the basic steps involved in collecting, analyzing, and passing on lessons learned, so that organizations are able to grow and experience superior performance.
1. What are Lessons Learned?
2. Managing a Project’s Knowledge Base
3. The Lessons Learned Process
4. Gather Lessons Learned Information
5. Conduct a Lessons Learned Meeting
6. Analyze Lessons Learned Information
7. Share and Adopt Lessons Learned
8. Documenting Lessons Learned
9. Tools for Continuous Improvement
10. Exercise: Collecting and Utilizing Lessons Learned
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button, and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, professionals and project workers with or without formal project management training will improve project management skills and knowledge and will be ready to stand for formal certification.
- No special requirements or prerequisites are needed to take this course, but some extra reading about projects, project management, project life cycle, organizational project management, project scope, project schedule, project costs, project quality, project human resources and project communications will help.
- Part of the Project Management Professional Certification Course (PMI-PMP)