The command line is a quick, powerful, text-based interface developers use to more effectively and efficiently communicate with computers to accomplish a wider set of tasks.
Command-line interface(CLI), is a text-based application for giving commands, viewing, handling, and manipulating files on your computer.
Command-line interface comes built in for free in most operating systems. It is known as the following in different operating systems:
Command Prompt (Windows)
Terminal (Mac Os)
Terminal or Terminal Emulator (Linux based systems )
Knowing how to use the command line interface is a useful skill to have when working with computers particularly if you plan to learn how to write computer programs or become a developer or programmer.
This course will teach you some basic and commonly used commands on the command line interface.
What You will learn :
- How to open the command line
- The prompt
- How to display current user
- How to display computer name
- How to display current working directory
- How to list files and directory
- How to change directory
- How to create a directory
- How to create a file
- How to copy a file
- How to move a file
- How to delete a file
Who this course is for:
- Absolute beginners to command line interface
- A computer running Ubuntu or some other version of Linux, Windows, MacOS