Learn how to interact with the DYDX Layer 2 Ethereum trading exchange using Python by running a trading bot on AWS Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2). Your bot will be highly advanced in trading in being able to take advantage of statistical arbitrage opportunities in Pairs Trading. This is a great strategy to know given how closely linked many cryptocurrencies are in price behaviour.
Your bot will be able to message you via Telegram so that you can receive live notifications on how well the script is performing (or not performing). It will enable you to:
– Automatically close all existing open positions
– Find cointegrated (linked Crypto pairs) for trading and ascertain whether statistically it makes sense to open a trade
– Manage any open positions and look for exits
– Find and place new trading opportunities
– Alert you if something goes wrong
– Run your bot without your laptop whilst you sleep
Our Python code will interact heavily with the DYDX API and to ensure you understand how to use the API, a cheatsheet has been provided to fast-track you onto being able to use DYDX.
To do this course, you should have used Python in the past, having created and installed packages in a virtual environment and be familiar with basic programming concepts.
That said, you do NOT need to be an advanced Python programmer or advanced trader to do this course. Our strategy uses statistical arbitrage for Pairs Trading, of which you will be walked through the strategy and theory in the beginning in reasonable detail so you understand the nature of what is going on.
See you in Class!
About Your Instructor: Shaun McDonogh has been developing tools for traders for over 5 years at Crypto Wizards and is very close to where the action is in regards to trading Crypto. Shaun’s passion is developing applications and teaching others and is delighted to bring this information to the retail market.
Who this course is for:
- Near-beginner, intermediate or advanced Python developers who want to work on an interesting project
- Crypto enthusiasts who have very basic programming experience
- Trading enthusiasts who have very basic programming experience
- Both experienced traders or programmers who want to learn an advanced and objective trading strategy
- Coders and traders from the Crypto Wizards community
- Basic programming experience using Python and experience in debugging your own code
- Have used GitHub to submit and download code in the past
- Understand what a crypto wallet and private key are and general basic knowledge of cryptocurrencies
- No experience in Pairs Trading is needed
Last Updated 1/2023
DYDX Pairs Trading Bot Build in Python Running in the Cloud.zip (4.8 GB) | Mirror