As an Excel user you’ve probably heard a lot about VLOOKUP and other lookup functions. But what can lookup functions do, why should you use them, and how can they help you?
In essence, lookup functions search through data and return specific values. You may be asking yourself, “Well, why can’t I just do a manual search through my data with ctrl-f and find what I need that way?” And sure, that’s fine if you only need to look up one or two things. But what if you have ten, a hundred, or even thousands of things you have to search for and search through?
That’s where lookup functions come in, they are all about making Excel do the work for you. They can help you to quickly and efficiently retrieve data which saves you time and effort.
This course is a comprehensive deep dive into Excel’s lookup functions including (but certainly not limited to) the ever-popular VLOOKUP, my personal favorite, INDEX-MATCH, and the new function, XLOOKUP. It will give you a solid foundation of lookup function knowledge, but also challenge you to learn about and create nested and two-dimensional lookup functions that can really take your Excel capabilities to the next level.
In this course you’ll get:
- Detailed video walkthroughs so that you can feel confident about each step
- Copies of all the files used in the course videos so that you can follow along and practice
- Exercises that will challenge your understanding and deepen your lookup knowledge.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to confidently use lookup functions, perform two-dimensional lookups, create nested lookup functions, use data validation in your lookup projects, and know how to correct common errors, among many other things.
And while I hope that you love the course, Udemy has a 100% 30-day money back policy so you can try the course risk-free and can request a total refund if it’s not meeting your expectations.
I’m so excited to teach this course because Excel lookup functions are my absolute favorite. There’s just something about seeing your data magically populate in cells because of a complex formula that you created that’s very satisfying – I can’t wait for you to experience this for yourself and start loving lookup functions as much as I do. So check out one of the preview lectures for some free lookup function knowledge and a peek into my teaching style, or if you’re ready to learn all you can about lookup functions right now click the “Buy now” button and I’ll see you in there!
Who this course is for:
- The Excel user who wants to be able to confidently use lookup functions
- The Excel user who wants to gain a deep understanding of how lookup functions work and wants to learn more than just how to use VLOOKUP
- The Excel user who is looking to enhance their knowledge of Excel and learn lookup concepts that can take their productivity and efficiency to the next level
- Access to Excel 2010 or later
- Basic Excel skills (e.g., ability to create basic formulas and use simple functions such as SUM and AVERAGE)