In Section 1 Introduction to VBA, You will learn what is a VBA and how you can use it to automate your daily small office tasks.
- How to do Macro recordings. edit it, run it , debug it.
- How to Run VBA program or delete them or give shortcut keys.
- Know the concept of finding out the last row – blank row or non blank row of your data
- How to select the data from top to bottom or vice versa – static and dynamic approaches with their advantages ,disadvantages over each other.
- How to turn wrong steps into correct while recording the steps.
- How to run a program step by step and why we need it for debugging.
- Move from one sheet to another. What errors we can expect if sheet name changes like Subscript out of a Range error.
- Know how to compile data from different sheets and put under one sheet using recording and with basic understanding of sheets and ranges.
In Section 2 Variables , You will start knowing what are Variables and their importance in VBA or any programming language.
- Introduction to Variables and their data types. How to define variables and benefit of using them.
- Data types . Strings. Integer, Single, byte, Double , Variants – we have covered all. With amazing questions coming out from this live classes.
- What if errors like – OverFlow and Type Mismatch come – Know the reason and of course a solution.
- What are debugging windows -Local window
- Why we want Option Explicit – How to declare it and what benefit it provides.
- Frequently asked Questions in your interview related to option explicit and Variables.
- How to connect more than one macro using a Call key word .
- How long a Variable remains in VBA -Scope of a Variable – Local variable, module, private level and Public or Global level variables.
In Section 3 LOOPS & IFs , You will take a deep dive into knowing every type of a loop in VBA along with IFs and Select Case statements
- We are taking a deep dive into Loops and IF Functions with Select Case statements. You will not need to look back on Loops topic ever if you finish this course till end.
- Detailed discussion on For Next loops – their use and significance . How to mold them in different ways and use in your projects.
- Discussion on Do -While & Until loops from very basic level to advance.
- Which loop is better or how about making a choice in loops over each other.
- Learn loops using the basic and complex patterns in order to get mastery. Print numbers in asc or desc or diagonally patterns.
- Detailed discussion on IF functions and their different syntax’s. For example, Single IFs, IF AND, IF OR and Nested IFs.
- Use of Else-IF and when to use it , How it is different from IFs without Else-IF blocks. With real time examples.
- How to work with hundreds of conditions in one go using IFs.
- What is a Case Select statement- How it can be an alternate to IF conditions in VBA.
- Dangerous of running Loops on F5 mode without testing the code.
- How to write Sub-Loops in Loops- you will find all relevant information here.
- IF with ELSE-IF and IF without Else IF.
In Section 4 Collection LOOPS , Learn how to work the small or large data set using Workbook/Worksheet commands ,For Each Loops with practical’s plus Classes -methods & properties with object browser concept.
- Are we interested in compiling the data from different worksheets and workbooks.
- How to go to different workbooks and pull the data from there and compile it one place.
- How to work with so many sheets without bothering about things – what name they have , if they will get deleted in future or if more sheets get added.
- These collection loops make you a great programmer. in-fact, if you do not know this you can never be a great coder. Come and fall in love with them. Immensely helpful , interesting and powerful. So much fun .
- Learn How to work with workbooks and worksheet – Open, Save, Save as, delete, rename, move, add and many more such commands.
- How to open the workbooks, how to close one workbook, specific workbook or all opened workbooks
- Learn how to delete or add workbooks , how to jump from one workbook to another. From activate files to editing them -we are covering all.
- How to select or delete or protect or rename or add the worksheets in excel.
- How to define the workbooks and worksheets in a professional manner using “Set” Keyword. What is the advantage of declaring objects as classes.
- What happens if we declare set statements anywhere in the code. Does it allowed in vba? Detailed discussion on the proper mentioning of dim and set statements while dealing with objects and classes.
- How VBA works when it comes to writing syntaxes. Discussion on the object hierarchy and its methods and properties.
- Questioning rounds in a live session to students to practice more on set keyword.
- What are collection loops and their basic syntax’s – their practical use
- Loop through worksheets, workbooks and cells in a workbook
- How to copy and paste the data from each of the sheets in a workbook or from different workbooks.
- What if you want to copy the data from multiple workbooks , going to each of the worksheet and copying the data and pasting it in one single workbook. This is going to be done using collection loop.
- What is a Dot Operator and how objects are classified in VBA. Learn about object methods and properties – What are these and what is the difference between them . Their significance in VBA.
In Section 5 ARRAYS , Learn how to do any type of complex calculations and comparisons – One /Two or multi-dimensional Arrays
- What are arrays . Why we use them? Why they are so powerful and holds so much weightage in VBA .
- What is their by-default index system and how we can change it using option base.
- What are static and dynamic arrays.
- How to use arrays with VBA loops and if functions . They work like magic together.
- What is the use of Preserve word in arrays and how we can use it in projects.
- Complete tutorial with in-depth discussion.
- How to use split function in arrays and what are the key things to be taken care while using split in arrays.
- Questions discussed from VBA interview perspective as well.
- As usual- Assignments are also added to give you confidence and to check the progress.
- How to use Dim or Redim Statements .Their real use in projects. How to use variable value in Arrays and what is the purpose of using them in arrays.
- How to use Split function ,one of the best function we can use in arrays. How arrays work under split function.
- How option Base-1 works for arrays created by split function.
- What is the use of preserve word in arrays and how we can use it to hold the values. What happens if we do not use them.
- How and where we use them . Complete discussion on its use.
- Vlookup use – Lookup Project using Arrays
- Know the two or multi dimensional arrays and their use in practical situation
In Section 6 FUNCTIONS , Learn how to create UDFs and use INBUILT Functions
- We are learning everything in detail about VBA inbuilt and User created Functions from their roots..
- All Lectures are started from basic level and then slowly moving toward advance levels
- Use of Inbuilt functions like Left, StrReverse, mid, find , trim, Lcase, Ucase , Date and Time etc are discussed.
- UDFs – User defined functions in VBA – basic plus advance , both level examples.
- Benefits of UDFs over Inbuilt functions. Many amazing projects are shared in the series.
- Can we pass in parameters in sub routines and call Functions
- How do we run or Call Functions from excel sheets. A mesmerizing thing to learn and implement in your project today.
- How to do testing of your functions like UDFs and Inbuilt VBA Functions.
- What is the process of passing parameters from a sub routine to a function and how it is useful for us.
- Frequently asked questions in your VBA Interview.
- How do we use VLOOKUP in VBA at advance level project discussed. Real time project is discussed.
- How can we use Match function with Loops and VLOOKUP to create super powerful and wonderful practical automation.
- My online support is always there for you.
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to be Business analysts or Data Analysts or VBA Developers or Marketing research analysts must take this program
- Any Chartered Accountant or Business Sales person or Marketing executive who like to automate Excel tasks like copy paste data from different workbooks and putting the data into one file, creating own functions if not available in excel, creating the excel templates on auto mode
- Last but not least, any Data lover or enthusiast who want to save time by not doing things manually in excel and create everything on buttons
- You should know basic formulas like Text functions , Lookup functions of excel and basic knowledge of excel is required.
- No prior programming knowledge is required. This course is for beginners and gradually turning into advance
- Excel shortcut keys is an additional advantage like Copy, Cut & Paste and How to move from first cell to another and how to select the data using shortcut keys like ctrl+shift+down arrow keys etc
- Excel 2007 or any higher version should be fine. VBA is compatible to all versions.
Last Updated 1/2022