In this course you’ll learn how to raise or secure finance for your businesses, from banks and other sources. This includes tips and tricks on what banks or investors look for, how to prepare, and how to increase your chances of securing funding.
I understand the aches and pains of requesting finance from banks: both from personal experience or on behalf of my clients now as a broker and mentor; and also in providing the finance as a banker. I now wish to share my knowledge to be able to simplify this process for you and maximise your chances of obtaining the finance you need.
I can draw upon my experience in these different roles as well as drawing on the common bits of feedback and queries from my clients over the years, to tell you what you want to know as well as what the banks don’t want you to know!
I can tell you what their bugbears are and what they love to see. I can teach you helpful tips and tricks when speaking to banks and finance providers to help you secure finance. I also want to demystify and simplify the whole process of obtaining finance and put it into simple terms. This will help you with your conversations with banks as well as improve your understanding of how to raise finance, assess yourself whether you are ready for this, and what the best solutions are for you.
I can help you negotiate better rates with the banks, and give you more bargaining power in your conversations with them. I can bust some of the myths around banking and tell you, truthfully, exactly what it is the banks do with your information to make their decisions.
The banking world loves to use complicated jargon and acronyms and I will break these down and tell you in a simple format exactly what they mean, why the bank uses them and why it is useful for you to know.
I will help you structure your application, showing you exactly what you need to provide and how to present it, and explain why it is needed.
I’ll also explain how to choose a bank or funding provider, how to approach them, how to present to them and how to negotiate with them. I want to give you a frank account of how they operate and how this can help you. I can help you get under their skin to gain an advantage for yourself in your next approach.
Who this course is for:
- Any business owners, or key people within a company, who are seeking to raise finance for their business for various reasons
- Anyone responsible to present and discuss business loan or finance requests directly with Banks
- This course is also aimed at students or professionals who are potentially looking to work in the sector – i.e. corporate / commercial banking & finance
- The course primarily takes you through raising debt capital – i.e. taking out business loans, commercial mortgages or other commercial debt products, however, it also touches on equity capital (i.e. raising equity for your business), and helps explain the difference between the two and which one would suit your company and situation best
- Location – although the focus of my experience and perhaps some of the terminology is based here in the UK, everything included in this course (principles, processes, financials and analysis, for example) is very similar or transferable to most countries in the world
- Size of businesses – anything from Start-ups to ‘Small and Medium Enterprises/Businesses’ (SMEs / SMBs).
- Basic knowledge of banking products.
- Basic knowledge of a company’s financial statements (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss, Cash Flow).