Creating websites is a craft. Like any craft, there are a variety of tools. To a new initiate, the tools in the workshop glimmer with potential. They are also overwhelming.
My name is Todd McLeod and I began creating websites in 1997. I began teaching how to create websites in 2001. I am tenured college faculty in Computer Information Technology at Fresno City College. I have also served as adjunct faculty in Computer Science at California State University Fresno. My experience includes teaching individuals of all ability levels how to create websites: from people with very limited computer experience to graduate students in computer science.
By the end of this course, you will have strong skills in creating websites with HTML & CSS. As with any craft, the fundamentals are essential. If you have a strong foundation in the fundamentals, you will be poised to grow and develop professionally as a craftsperson who knows their craft.
After completing this course, you will have mastered the fundamentals of creating websites: HTML & CSS. You will then be knowledgeable enough to make an informed decision about whether or not you need any of the tools mentioned above.
If you want to learn how to create websites, the first place to begin is with the fundamentals of HTML & CSS.
The first place to begin is with this course.
Who this course is for:
- This is a first semester university level course.
- This course is ideal for beginners wanting to learn how to build websites.
- This course is perfect for experienced developers wanting a thorough introduction to current best-practices.
- This course is perfect for experienced developers wanting to fill in gaps in their knowledge.
- No prerequisite knowledge is required to take this course. This course starts at the very beginning and will teach you everything you need to know to be an outstanding web developer.