API is a very generic term. In this course you will learn what an API actually is and learn how to work with different web APIs: REST, SOAP and GraphQL.
RESTful APIs (or simply REST API) are everywhere nowadays but at the same time they are getting more complex to get started with: different HTTP methods, headers, cookies, dealing with file uploads or authentication with api keys, tokens, OAuth and so much more.
To work with APIs we will use the Postman app! Postman allows you very quickly create a request with the required HTTP method and parameters, submit the request and easily inspect the results.
Postman can help if you are developing APIs as well! I have created this course for testing engineers and well as for software developers. Postman can help you during the development of your API as well as after the API is completed, by running tests that make sure your API is still working as intended.
So let’s look at what you are going to learn:
- Understand what an API really is
- Get the basics right: understand the structure of HTTP messages
- Start with simple requests and advance towards more complex scenarios
- Learn to deal with authentication / authorization mechanisms like Basic Auth, API Keys, or OAuth.
Excited to learn about APIs? Sign-up up today!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who want to get started with APIs
- Beginner developers who want to use APIs in their projects
- QA engineers who want to learn how to use APIs
- The possibility of installing new tools on your computer.