Automated testing is a key concept in modern (web) development.
Yet it is a concept that can be intimidating at first, hence many developers shy away from diving into testing and adding tests to their projects.
You will learn about the software and setup required to write automated tests and example projects will be provided as part of the course. It’s a hands-on, practical course, hence you won’t get stuck in theory – instead you’ll be able to learn all key concepts at real examples.
In detail, this course will teach you:
- What exactly “testing” or “automated testing” is (and why you need it)
- What “unit testing” is specifically
- Which tools you need to enable automated unit tests in your projects
- How to write unit tests
- How to get started with integration tests
- How to formulate different expectations (assertions)
- Which patterns to follow when writing tests
- How to test asynchronous and synchronous code
- How to deal with side effects with help of spies & mocks
- How to apply all these concepts in real projects & examples
Who this course is for:
- Developers who always considered automated testing to be intimidating
- NO prior testing knowledge is necessary at all
Last Updated 5/2022