Once you have completed this training course you’ll be able to
- Build and Configure a Microsoft Windows 2019 Server
- Understand what a Domain and Active Directory (AD) is
- Deploy a Domain Controller
- Perform key tasks within Active Directory
- Get computers on a network talking to and connected to the AD Domain
- Learn some Advanced AD tasks such as Domain Trusts and Functional Levels
- Understand Group Policies (GPO’s)
- Create a GPO to – Enforce Domain Password Complexity
- Create a GPO to – Disable Command Prompt & Registry Editor
- Create a GPO to – Set Desktop Background across all computers on a network
- Create a GPO to – Disable USB drive use in an organization
Why is knowing AD important?
Understnading how to build, configure and user Active Directory is an essential skill that all IT Techs and Professionals need to have.
Active Directory is one of the most common tools used by administrators in thousands of businesses around the world, it’s very likely that a future company that you’ll be interviewing will be using Active Directory.
Even if you are already working within a IT team, this course will re-imforce your AD skills.
Why is knowing Group Policy managment important?
Group Policies and AD work hand-in-hand. Once AD has been configured, and computers on your network are bound to AD, the next step is setting up Group Policies.
Group Policies make the management of PC security setting and preferences easy. You can literally create a group policy and then push it out against a fleet of comptuers on a AD domain network. All these computers will get those settings applied over the network, without the need to update setting on a computer-by-computer basis. It’s great!
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me.
Who this course is for:
- IT Technicians
- People new to IT
- Aspiring Server & Network Admins
- Helpdesk Admins
- Desktop Support Admins
- System Administrators
- Basic understanding of IT Systems
Last Updated 4/2021