IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation — Formerly known as IBM Worklight Foundation — helps you extend your business to mobile devices. It is designed to provide an open, comprehensive platform to build, test, run and manage native, hybrid, and mobile web apps. IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation can help reduce both app development and maintenance costs, improve time-to-market, and enhance mobile app governance and security.
IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation is comprised of these components:
- IBM MobileFirst Foundation Command Line Interface (CLI) to develop and manage applications, in addition to using the IBM MobileFirst Operations Console. Some aspects of the MobileFirst development process must be done with the CLI.
- MobileFirst Server provides secured backend connectivity, application management, push notification support, and analytics capabilities and monitoring to MobileFirst applications.
- Mobile Foundation provides a client-side runtime code that embeds server functionality within the target environment of deployed apps.
- MobileFirst Operations Console is used for the control and management of mobile applications.
- MobileFirst Analytics enables enterprises to search across logs and events that are collected from devices, apps, and servers for patterns, problems, and platform usage statistics.
- With the Application Center, you can share mobile applications that are under development within your organization in a single repository of mobile applications.
With IBM MobileFirst Platform you can:
- Support multiple mobile operating environments and devices with the simplicity of a single, shared codebase.
- Utilize your preferred development tools with the command line interpreter for MobileFirst Platform developers.
- Connect and synchronize with enterprise data, applications, and cloud services, including IBM BlueMix mobile services.
- Safeguard mobile security at the device, application, data and network layer.
- Manage your mobile app portfolio from one central interface
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who interested to learn IBM MobileFirst (previously IBM Worklight)
- Mobile Application Developer who want to create mobile app using IBM MobileFirst 8.0
- You should be able to create Cordova based Hybrid or Web Application
- You should be able to create Native Android or iOS Application
- You should be able to use Command Line Interface and different IDE’s like Android Studio, XCode, Visual Studio Code