Learn how to easily move from a slow and limited shared hosting account to your own lightning-fast cloud server and make WordPress hosting simple by offloading time-consuming operations like deployments, updates, and staging.
Become a pro on Amazon Lightsail!
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Spin up a cloud server on Amazon Lightsail – a simplified version of Amazon Web Services – in just a few clicks.
- Deploy a new WordPress website or move your existing website to your own new virtual server with the help of the powerful yet simple Plesk hosting platform, available as an application on Amazon Lightsail.
- Point your website’s name to your new cloud server at your registrar, or start hosting your website’s DNS zone yourself on Amazon Route 53 service.
- Protect connections to your website with a free SSL/TLS certificate.
- Offload time-consuming WordPress maintenance tasks, such as security, regular updates, and creating a staging environment using the WordPress Toolkit extension to Plesk.
- Ensure that mail originating on your cloud server reaches its destination and doesn’t end up in the spam folder.
You don’t have to be an IT professional to follow the instructions in this course. If you are already familiar with terms like “website”, “server”, and “DNS zone” – you are good to go. We’ll explain any additional terms as we go along.
Start hosting your WordPress website on your own Amazon Lightsail server today!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner web professionals curious about website hosting on Amazon Lightsail.
- Web professionals interested in moving from a shared hosting setup to a private virtual server in the cloud.
- Basic understanding of concepts such as “website,” “IP address,” “firewall,” “server,” and “DNS”.
- Web browser and SSH terminal (e.g., PuTTY).