Not sure where to start with cloud server hosting on DigitalOcean? Wondering how to manage WordPress security and updates without wasting too much time on routine operations?
If this sounds familiar, then this course is for you!
Following steps shown in this course, you will be able to:
- Deploy a cloud server on DigitalOcean in just a few clicks.
- Create a new WordPress website or move your existing website to your own virtual server with the help of the Plesk hosting platform, available as an application on DigitalOcean.
- Point your website’s name to your new cloud server at your registrar, or start hosting your website’s DNS zone yourself on the free DigitalOcean DNS service.
- Protect connections to your website with a free SSL/TLS certificate.
- Simplify time-consuming WordPress maintenance tasks, such as security, regular updates, and creating a staging environment with the WordPress Toolkit extension to Plesk.
- Make sure that email originating on your cloud server reaches its destination and doesn’t end up in the spam folder.
You don’t have to be an IT professional to follow along in this course. If you are aware of terms like “website”, “server”, and “DNS zone” – you won’t get lost. We’ll explain any additional terms as we go along.
Don’t miss out on the benefits of hosting your WordPress website on your own cloud server by DigitalOcean!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner web professionals curious about website hosting on DigitalOcean.
- Web professionals interested in moving from a shared hosting setup to a private virtual server in the cloud.
- Basic understanding of concepts such as “website,” “IP address,” “firewall,” “server,” and “DNS”.
- Web browser and SSH terminal (e.g., PuTTY).