This course will be useful for both beginners to the world of programming and programmers who already know other programming languages.
Every concept is taught through a wealth of over-the-shoulder examples so you understand the concepts better.
What will you learn in our course?
2. Information storage using variables and constants (both ES5 & ES6 methods)
3. Using the console to debug your code, check errors and retrieve intermediate outputs
7. Various ways to show outputs and get inputs from the users
9. What are template strings (backticks) and when & how to use them
10. Working with strings and applying the various pre-defined string methods available to you on them
11. Creating numbers and manipulating them with a range of pre-defined number methods
12. Creating conditions using the if and switch statements
13. Creating loops using the for, while and do while loops and applying the break and continue statements on them
14. Creating both 1D and 2D arrays for varied storage and applying various pre-defined array methods on them
15. Working with Dates and the Math object
19. Retrieving various HTML elements and manipulating them
20. Manipulating the CSS styles of various elements
21. Using event handlers to create an action-reaction effect in your web pages
22. Global and local scope (function & block scopes)
23. Apply what you learn via various exercises, fun puzzles and real world projects
And so much more!
How is this course designed?
Here are the modules:
Module 2 – Variables, data types, type conversion and more – In this module, you’ll learn how to create information storage spaces (variables), the different data types available and how to work with them.
Module 4 – String and string methods – In this module, you’ll learn how to create strings, how and when to use backticks, the various pre-defined string methods available to you and their uses.
Module 6 – Conditional statements and loops – In this module, you’ll learn how to create conditions with if and switch statements and using for, while and do while loops to repeat the same lines of code multiple times (based on given conditions).
Module 7 – Arrays – In this module, you’ll learn how to create arrays and store more than one value (of different types) in them, how to retrieve those values, manipulate them with pre-defined array methods, use 2D arrays and so much more.
Module 8 – Date, date methods & Math object – In this module, you’ll learn how to create and use the date object and use the math object to perform various math operations.
Module 11 – Document Object Model (DOM) – In this module, you’ll learn about the DOM, how it works, how to use it to manipulate the elements in your websites and make it come alive using event handlers.
Module 12: We also cover a lot of examples, puzzles and real world projects (which are constantly updated):
1. Puzzle #1 – Alternate small and capital letters in a given string
2. Puzzle #2 – Find the compound interest
Why should you choose our course?
1. We like to be thorough in our teaching. Every beginner topic covered in this course will cover everything you need to know about that particular topic. You won’t have to look anywhere else.
2. We strongly advocate learning by doing, rather than just listening or reading. Our lectures are filled with a wealth of examples that explain every concept clearly.
4. We prefer creating fun projects to explain the concepts and to keep things interesting as well. You’ll learn how to apply the concepts you learn in the course in the real world projects and examples.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who’d like to pad their resume with a new skill
- Web designers who’d like to get into development
- Very basic understanding of HTML (any maybe) CSS should help, but you can understand the course without that as well.
- A free text editor – notepad, notepad++, Atom editor, Brackets editor (I’ll be using this one in the course)