This isn’t the command line of yesterday…this is the Modern Windows Command Line!
The Modern Windows Command Line is one of the most powerful tools available…but only to those who know how to use it.
Even if you are a complete beginner with no previous experience, you will learn everything from the ground up, in an easy to follow way. It’s possible that you’ve used Windows for years, but have never touched the Command Prompt or directly issued a command to the operating system. It’s a good idea to become familiar with the command line – and that’s what this course is all about!
Instead of reading you the manual or making you memorize commands, we teach command line usage like it happens in the real world…on the job.
The purpose of this course is to give you basic introduction to the Windows Command Prompt – to give you a starting point to become more comfortable entering commands and working directly with the operating system.
By the time you’ve finished the course, you should be comfortable with the command line and ready to start experimenting on your own!
By the end of this course, you will:
- A higher confidence and comfort level when working in the command shell
- Have a deeper understanding of the command line and how it works
- Be able to complete common tasks using the command prompt
- Execute basic system administration tasks such as file management
- Automate tasks using batch scripts
- And much more…
Learn the basics
- An introduction to the command line environment
- Basic operations of the command shell
- Commands for setting system configurations
- File system commands for working with files and folders
- Techniques for command output redirection and piping
- Working with the shell history
- Sorting data from command output or from files
- Performing file compare operations
- Backing up files and folder
- Introduction to scripting
If you are ready to start your Modern Windows Command Line journey enroll now!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interesting in getting started with the command line
- Beginner system administrators or IT technicians
- No prior command line experience needed
Last Updated 10/2022