David Bombal and Hank Preston discuss Network Automation, Network Programmability, NetDevOps and the future. What should you learn? CCNA or Python? And many other topics!
We discussed the following:
- Hank Preston Introduction
- How did you transition from being a traditional Network Engineer to a NetDevOps Engineer?
- What would you recommend as the first step?
- What should I start with? Ansible or Python?
- Should I study CCNA or Python? CCNP or Python? CCIE or Python?
- Hybrid Engineer, Next-Gen-Network Engineer, NetDevOps
- What is DevOps? NetDevOps?
- Is there a Cisco NetDevOps certification? CCNA/CCNP/CCIE type path?
- What is DevNet? Is DevNet free?
- DevNet Overview Demo (Free labs, free training, free resources, get support).
- DevNet RESTCONF, NETCONF demo
- What are containers?
- What is Docker?
- What are Microservices
- What is Kubernetes?
- Demo Kubernetes and ACI working together
Other topics were also discussed.
All the best!
Who this course is for:
- Network Engineers
- Network Architects
- Network Managers
- At least CCNA or CCNP level knowledge
- Some experience in networking
- Desire to learn the future of networking