The course on Operations Management and the Organization is part of the Operations Management Training Program which includes a number of eight sections also presented as individual courses for your convenience.
The course addresses the basics of operations management in both manufacturing and service organizations. You will learn
- about the distinction between manufacturing and service operations and about how they may be combined in modern organizations.
- what operations management is and the eight functional areas it covers.
- about the concept of organizational strategy, the four-phase process for formulating this strategy, and how the strategy should be aligned with operations strategy in manufacturing and services contexts, and
- about the transformational model for understanding operations and about four kinds of transformation that businesses engage in.
This course will provide you with important foundational knowledge of operations management. This can help you better understand how achieving excellence in operations management can give your organization a competitive advantage.
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button, and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone working in operations management or another functional area, who is looking to gain a working understanding of the operations functions in a service or manufacturing organization
- This course has no special requirements or prerequisites