Computer security is one of the biggest job gaps in history, with a shortage of 3.5 million skilled workers needing to tackle a problem estimated to be worth $6 trillion. This is one of the biggest opportunities in history.
When I was at university I did a lot of security courses and to be honest I was pretty frustrated at how they were taught. The concepts and their importance captured my imagination but I knew it could be taught in a better way… so I created a few YouTube videos on the topic. They were very well received… So well received that after a few years working in industry I decided to make this course.
This course covers all the topics of several of my courses at university. It’s not long, it’s light hearted, and doesn’t feel dense… but all the content is there.
Who this course is for:
- University students studying computer science or a related field
- Tinkerers wanting to ensure their apps are secure
- Employees wanting to improve the cyber security of their firm
- Developers interested in learning security
- Can write programs
- Basic knowledge of a programming language
- (Not required) Preferably have written a mobile or web app before