The Planning Quality Management (PMI – PMP) is course 14 of 28 of the Project Management Professional Certification Program (PMI-PMP).
In today’s competitive world, customer satisfaction is paramount. It’s so important that meeting customer expectations is how we define quality. So the quality of a product isn’t about being 100% defect free or whether you think it’s perfect.
It’s about whether the customer will be happy with it as it is. In this course, you’ll learn about the project quality management knowledge area and the plan quality management process.
1. Quality Management Overview
2. Quality, Grade, Precision, and Accuracy
3. The Project Quality Management Processes
4. Inputs of Plan Quality Management
5. Plan Quality Management Tools and Techniques
6. Cost of Quality
7. Cost-Benefit Analysis
8. Outputs of Plan Quality Management
9. The Quality Management Plan
10. Exercise: Planning Quality Management
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button, and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, professionals and project workers with or without formal project management training will improve project management skills and knowledge and will be ready to stand for formal certification.
- No special requirements or prerequisites are needed to take this course, but some extra reading about projects, project management, project life cycle, organizational project management, project scope, project schedule, project costs, project quality, project human resources and project communications will help.
- Part of the Project Management Professional Certification Course (PMI-PMP)