The objective of the course is to present an introduction to database management systems, with an emphasis on how to organize, maintain and retrieve – efficiently, and effectively – information from a DBMS.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
• Describe the fundamental elements of relational database management systems
• Explain the basic concepts of relational data model, entity-relationship model, relational database design, relational algebra and SQL.
• Design ER-models to represent simple database application scenarios
• Convert the ER-model to relational tables, populate relational database and formulate SQL queries on data.
• Improve the database design by normalization.
• Familiar with basic database storage structures and access techniques: file and page organizations, indexing methods including B tree, and hashing.
Database System- concepts and architecture: Data modelling using the Entity Relationship (ER) modelling and Enhanced Entity Relationship (EER) modelling, Specialization and Generalization.
The Relational Model: Relational database design using ER to relational mapping, Relational algebra and relational calculus, Tuple Relational Calculus, Domain Relational Calculus, SQL.
Database design theory and methodology: Functional dependencies and normalization of relations, Normal Forms, Properties of relational decomposition, Algorithms for relational database schema design.
Transaction processing concepts: Schedules and serviceability, Concurrency control, Two Phase Locking Techniques, Optimistic Concurrency Control, Database recovery concepts and techniques.
Data Storage and indexing: Single level and multi level indexing, Dynamic Multi level indexing using B Trees and B+ Trees, Query processing and Query Optimization, Introduction to database security.
Important information before you enroll!
- Once enrolled, you have unlimited, 24/7, lifetime access to the course (unless you choose to drop the course during the first 30 days).
- You will have instant and free access to any updates I’ll add to the course – video lectures, additional resources, quizzes, exercises.
- You will benefit from my full support regarding any question you might have 7 days a week.
- Check out the promo video at the top of this page and some of the free preview lectures in the curriculum to get a taste of my teaching style and methods before making your decision.
ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR BRIGHT FUTURE.
Who this course is for:
- Academic Students
- Competitive Exams Aspirants
- GATE CS/IT
- Willing to Learn
- No Prerequisites.
Last Updated 1/2022