A botnet is a collection of internet-connected devices installed with remote access tools (the RAT bots). Together they are all controlled by a server on the hacker’s machine. Remote Access Tools also known as RATs are used to remotely control another PC over the Internet or the Local Area Network. RATs are used in network management, remote surveillance, system administration, classroom teaching systems, and so on. It is also commonly misused as a malware known as Remote Access Trojans where hackers can spy on the victims’ machines, steal information and run commands remotely. In order to be able to understand how they work, we will build tools that simulate a botnet. That way you will be able to better defend and analyze such systems.
In this course, you will:
- create a client RAT bot that can be installed in multiple machines and controlled by a central command server
- build a command and control server that can manage multiple client RATs
- understand the building blocks of a botnet network architecture
Features of this course:
- Designed with beginners in mind.
- We will study in detail, how a client RAT bot is created
- We start with very simple, bare-bones client RAT and command-control server
- Then, gradually add more functionality to them as the lessons progress.
- In that way, you will be able to easily follow along in bite-sized chunks
- Use .NET framework to build the client bot RAT and
- MySQL, PHP and xampp to simulate the Command-and-Control Server
Everything in this course is highly practical. No boring theory or lectures. More like walk-throughs which you can replicate and follow along. By the end of this course, you will have the basic knowledge to design and build any bot client RAT and also implement a Command-and-Control server that can manage multiple client bot RATs. This knowledge and skills are suitable for those aspiring to be Red Teamers. Even if you have no intention of creating malware, the insider knowledge and skills you gain from this course will make you a better security professional. Also, having practical knowledge of RAT bot development will give you a better understanding of how to perform malware analysis on RATs.
- Reverse Engineering and Malware Analysis Students
- Programmers who want to know how Malware is created
- Students planning on entering Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering, or Penetration Testers as a Career Path
- Penetration Testers and Ethical Hackers
- Windows PC
- Basic C# and PHP is helpful but not strictly mandatory
- You do not need to do my previous RAT1 and RAT2 courses first. You can straight away start with this one. It is self-contained and complete in itself.
Enroll now and I will see you inside!
Who this course is for:
- Malware analysts, reverse engineers and developers
- Ethical hackers, pen testers and red teamers
- Students who like to get started on the career path to become malware analysts or penetration testers
- Anyone wishing to learn C# programming, PHP scripting and MySQL in a fun and exciting way
- Programmers who want to know how botnets are created
- Windows PC
- C#, PHP and MySQL would be helpful but not mandatory
Last Updated 1/2022