This is a very practical video course about how to build a RESTful Service in Oracle APEX.
Though this course is at intermediate level, it explains the basics of a RESTful Service starting from ORDS (Oracle REST Data Service) in detail.
You will learn about setting up the Autonomous Database in Oracle Cloud and also how to use Postmanwhich acts as the REST Client.
You will get to know how to enable the ORDS schema for RESTful Access in Oracle APEX.
Using the ORDS principles, you will learn how to build a RESTful Service from scratch.
Once a RESTful Service is created, you will understand how to protect it using the ORDS concepts, which blocks free access.
Following that, you will be clear on how to access the protected web services using OAUTH which is a recommended method nowadays.
And you will learn about the REST Enabled SQL Service and how to implement it inOracle APEX by consuming the service in another database.
You will get to know the advantages of using REST Enabled SQL Service over the standard RESTful Service.
Finally, you will get a brief idea about the REST Data Sources in Oracle APEX and the Legacy Apex Web Service PL/SQL API as well.
Who this course is for:
- Developers looking to understand the backend programming of Oracle APEX
- A standard web browser like Google Chrome / Mozilla Firefox / Opera / Edge / Safari
- Postman Application (Web / Native)
- Basic knowledge of Oracle APEX
- Fundamentals of writing SQL and PL/SQL
- REST Architecture concepts and terminology
- You don’t need to be a Oracle APEX or SQL or PL/SQL expert to succeed in this course!
Last Updated 3/2021