So, you’ve decided that you want to learn SQL or you want to get familiar with it, but don’t know where to start? Or are you a data/business analyst or data scientist that wants to power up your data skills by performing queries with Structured Query Language?
Then, this course was designed just for you!
This course was designed to be your first step into the SQL programming world! We will delve deeper into the concepts of SQL queries, understand the MySQL user interface and play around with several datasets. This course contains lectures around the following groups:
- Code along lectures where we will go step-by-step in each instruction, compounding our SQL knowledge.
- Test your knowledge with questions and practical exercises with different levels of difficulty!
- Analyze real datasets and understand the thought process from question to SQL code solution!
This course was designed to be focused on the practical side of coding in SQL – instead of teaching you every possible function out there, we’ll learn all the fundamentals slowly and build our knowledge from scratch. We’ll use a case study to cement every concept we will learn, so that you can have a hands-on learning process, making it easier to apply the concepts in your projects.
At the end of the course you should be able to use SQL to build and manipulate tables. Along the way we will also learn the most important SQL statements such as GROUP BY, INSERT INTO or CREATE TABLE.
Here are some examples of things you will be able to do after finishing the course:
- Join different tables using SQL;
- Create your own tables with the appropriate structure.
- Use different data types according to their characteristics.
- Create columns using data available from your existing tables.
- Use subqueries, building complex instructions.
Join thousands of professionals and students in this SQL journey and discover the amazing power of this querying language.
This course will be constantly updated based on students feedback.
Who this course is for:
- Data Analysts
- Data Scientists
- Data Engineers
- Full Beginners that want to learn how to work with SQL
- Marketing, Finance and Supply Chain Professionals
- IT Professionals
- Computer with at least 4 GB of RAM
- Access to the Internet
Last Updated 3/2022