The Database Engine component of SQL Server is the core service for storing, processing, and securing data.
The Database Engine provides controlled access and rapid transaction processing to meet the requirements
of the most demanding data consuming applications in your enterprise.
SQL Server supports up to 50 instances of the Database Engine on a single computer.
This course is intended for users who are new to SQL Server and who have installed SQL Server or SQL Server Express.
Learn how to connect to an instance of the database engine using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and then build and run Transact-SQL statements.
What You Will Learn :
- Connect to a SQL Server instance
- Writing Transact-SQL Statements
- Create a database
- Create a table
- Insert rows into the new table
- Query the table and view the results
- Verify your connection properties by using the query window table
- Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Basic Navigation in Database Engine Tuning Advisor (DTA)
- Tuning a workload
- View tuning recommendations
- View tuning reports
Who this course is for:
- Beginners to Microsoft SQL Server
- No knowledge Prerequisites
- Your System must have SQL Server Installed. The course covers this.
- Your System must have SQL Server Management Studio Installed. The course covers this.