In this course, you’ll learn how to create beautiful mobile & web user interfaces that you can then turn into real usable prototypes with the help of Adobe XD.
Adobe XD is a vector-based user experience design tool for web apps and mobile apps, developed by Adobe Inc. It’s available for macOS and Windows.
In this course, we’ll work with a fictional client called Healthy Bites to design a mobile app and a landing page for their food ordering app.
Is this course for you?
You’re in the right place if any of these apply to you:
- You’re interested in user interface & user experience design (UI/UX) but not sure where to start.
- You’re an entrepreneur with an app idea and want to turn your idea from a sketch to a realistic mockup and prototype.
- You want to brush up your design skills to get the job that you want at companies like Airbnb, Google, Apple, etc.
- You’re already designing and want to jump into Adobe XD and further your knowledge of more design software.
- You’re interested in earning income as a freelance designer.
- You simply want to enter a new career path, and graphic design has interested you.
By the end of this course:
You will learn many useful design tools available in XD and how to design complete mobile apps and landing pages from scratch. You will also gain the skill to turn your designs into usable prototypes that you can share with your team members, colleagues, or clients.
What do I need?
This course is for both beginners & experienced designers looking to expand their skills.
All you need is a computer (macOS or Windows), an Adobe Account, and a web browser (to Install Adobe Creative Cloud).
About your instructor:
This course is taught by entrepreneur & designer Nima Tahami. Nima has more than 12 years of experience designing and developing dozens of mobile apps and web apps for both clients and startups of his own. Nima’s latest startup, ShiftRide, has been covered in many news outlets, including Forbes, where his app was highlighted for its ease of use.
Nima has created this course to help people become the best designer they can be. Design is part of the foundation of many things from great products & websites to great advertisements and everything in between. Nima has also designed and developed an open-source iPhone development library by the name of FCAlertView, helping 350,000+ app developers use beautiful customizable alert prompts within their applications.
The course is broken down into 4 main parts: Getting Introduced to Adobe XD, Designing a Full Mobile Mockup, Creating a Usable Prototype, and Designing a Landing Page.
Getting Introduced to Adobe XD:
- Installing Adobe XD and Creating Files.
- Understanding the layout and menu options.
- Creating shapes, lines, paths, and text.
- Aligning & distributing objects.
- Using Wireframe UI Kits.
Designing a Full Mobile Mockup:
- Introducing a food ordering app project called Healthy Bites.
- Creating wireframes from our app requirements.
- Designing the pages required for the app.
- Designing cards and inputting sample data.
- Using repeat grid & stacks.
- Using components to reuse objects.
- Using plugins to speed up our design process.
- Using responsive resize to create designs.
- Exporting and sharing our designs.
- Developer handoff
Creating a Usable Prototype:
- Adding interactivity to our designs and turning them into a prototype.
- Creating scrollable pages.
- Previewing our app on the desktop.
- Browsing our prototype on our mobile devices.
- Recording and sharing prototypes
- Adding animations to our prototypes.
Designing a Landing Page:
- Designing a landing page with multiple sections
- Creating beautiful backgrounds
- Adding images & text to our landing page
So what are you waiting for?
Let’s get started learning how to design real-world projects using Adobe XD and take our design skills to a whole new level together.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner-level designers interested in user interface & user experience design (UI/UX)
- Beginner/Intermediate designers interested in earning income as a freelance designer
- Any-level designers looking to get into web & mobile app designs (graphical user interface)
- Entrepreneurs wanting to turn their app ideas from a sketch to a realistic mockup and prototype.
- Anyone looking to jump into a new exciting career with graphic design.
- Designers looking to switch to Adobe XD from other design softwares for their career
- A Computer (Mac or Windows)
- Internet Connection
Last Updated 1/2022