PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A VERY HANDS ON COURSE. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR COURSE THAT TALKS TO SLIDES, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU.
Course targeted to anyone who wants to start their carrier in Vertica Database administration.
Following topics are covered in the course
- CentsOS installation in Virtualbox
- CentOS Basic Commands, Navigation, Shutdown
- Vertica Software installation
- Vertica configuration and database creation
- Virtual machine resolution change
- Schema and user creation from vsql prompt
- Squirrel GUI sql client usage
- Vertica Management Console installation and configuration
- Importing Vertica database cluster in Management Console
Who this course is for:
- Students looking for Vertica DBA as career in future
- Working IT professionals who wants to move in DBA track or change track from other database
- Anyone who is interested in understanding of data management and data security
- Basic understanding of computers and networking
- Basic knowledge of SQL and Linux will be helpful but not required as detail instruction is present in course.
- Windows, Linux or Mac PC to complete hands on labs sessions.